Monday, November 18, 2013

Let's Talk Turkey

With the 2013 holiday season approaching, and with Thanksgiving right around the corner, there is a lot of excitement in the air--people are shopping, spending, and, most importantly, eating. And what is the number one thing most of us think of eating on Thanksgiving? That's right--the turkey. I am not going to be eating turkey this year, and with more and more people nixing meat from their diet, I will not be alone.
 I am really excited about this rise and awareness of vegetarianism, so, not surprisingly, I was elated to see that there is a movie currently in theaters called "Free Birds." Have you heard of it? It is an animated picture featuring turkeys trying to prevent the tradition of Thanksgiving altogether. I have not seen the film yet, but the premise sounds fun and I am happy there is a movie like this out there right now. You can watch the trailer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment